In the digital era, traditional systems of learning outcomes’ recognition and certification are becoming quickly obsolete. Besides, we are increasingly aware that meaningful learning does not only happen in schools and Universities; peer to peer collaborative projects and processes such as those occurring in makerspaces and fablabs can provide unedited learning experiences, and equip people with a rich set of competencies and skills spanning across hard and soft ones.
The OD&M Platform is a digital tool supporting the recognition and certification of competencies and skills developed within the OD&M learning environment. The tool supports learning capture and recognition relevant to experience-based and challenge-driven learning, adaptable for non formal distributed learning.
It builds on the Open Badges system and is integrated with Badgr, meaning that every badge earned by a learner can be exported and publicly shared with a simple link, an image or by embedding the badge itself into a website, a personal e-portfolio or a resume.
If you are a learning institution, you can
- Create one or more learning challenges
- Associate a number of predefined badges to the challenge or build new ones
- Monitor learners’ achievements on the challenge and release badges to successful students
If you are a learner, you can
- Subscribe to one or more learning challenges, both as an individual or as a team
- Submit your own work related to the challenge
- Gain badges as evidence of your learning achievements
- Collect badges and create a digital portfolio, transferable with other platforms such as Linkedin
EXAMPLE CHALLENGES AND RECOGNITION BADGES
The OD&M Platform is still in a prototype version and is now mainly used by the organisations partnering the Alliance. However, we do welcome feedback and suggestions for its further development. If you want to try it, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org